November 17, 2011

rhe·tor·i·cal

Which version do you like?

"He that knows not,
    and knows not that he knows not
        is a fool.
            Shun him
He that knows not,
    and knows  that he knows not
        is a pupil.
            Teach him.
He that knows,
    and knows not that he knows
        is asleep
            Wake him.
He that knows,
    and knows that he knows
        is a teacher.
            Follow him." (Neighbour R (1992) The Inner Apprentice London; Kluwer Academic Publishers. p.xvii)

Or...

"We know what we know, we know that there are things we do not know, and we know that there are things we don't know we don't know" (Donald Rumsfeld)*

I believe successful investing over the long-term is about evolving, changing, learning: I know I don't know what I don't know. So? Go find out what you don't know.

My goal is to release as much of my due diligence on the company and the results of my questions to management over the years as I can, hopefully before the share prices runs. Questions you see in my blog posts are, for the most part, rhetorical.

But, question my motives. Am I really going to tell you everything I know?

* Seriously, this from the same guy who wrote: "You go to war with the army you have---not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time."Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment